Marine Outfalls & Intakes
With years of pipeline construction experience, Foreshore is uniquely positioned and prides itself on its capabilities to provide marine outfalls, intakes and cross mains. In striving to deliver the greatest level of success, Foreshore is cognizant of the many challenging environmental conditions, risks, and mitigation measures present.
The construction, deployment and commissioning of a Marine Outfalls, Intakes, Force Mains and Closed Loop Systems demands thorough planning to successfully coordinate the many trades, experienced professionals, and equipment.
Foreshore’s Management and Construction Division develops the detailed sinking procedures, including technical parameters, necessary on-site resources, communication systems and emergency procedures that are critical in today’s world of marine pipeline construction.
Detailed calculations of the sinking curvature, pulling force, rate of decent and air pressure curves are developed under tight QC&QA procedures by Foreshore’s team of experienced managers, engineers and marine crews that ensures a successful installation.
In collaboration with our partners, we are the first to have developed a unique ‘Diver-Less Deep-Water Release Procedure’ that provides a safe, and cost-effective option for marine outfall installations.
Combined Outfall Experience:
- LNG Canada – Kitimat, BC: Twin ø760 300m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- AGNICO Eagle – Hope Bay, Nunavut: ø250mm 1400m HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall Re-alignment and Diffuser Replacement
- TMAC Resources Emergency Outfall Repairs – Hope Bay, Nunavut: ø250mm 2300m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall & Diffuser
- City Pemberton, BC: ø300mm 250mm River Effluent Outfall Remediation
- The red items above were done by me through Foreshore, the items below were done by me with other contractors
- TMAC Resources Tailings Effluent Treatment Plant – Hope Bay, Nunavut: ø250mm 2300m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall & Diffuser – Unique “Diver-less” Construction
- Water Security Agency – Swift Current, SK: ø1100mm 60m New HDPE Slip Line Intake Pipe
- Ahousat First Nations WWTP Upgrade – Ahousat, BC: ø250mm 1200m new HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall, Diffuser & Shoreline Remediation Construction
- City of Kelowna WWTP Upgrade – Kelowna, BC: ø900mm 480m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall & Diffuser Construction
- Metlakatla First Nations WWTP Upgrade – Metlakatla, BC: ø250mm 300m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall Construction
- Klemtu First Nations Outfall Replacement & Upgrade – Klemtu, BC: ø300mm 200m New HDPE Marine Effluent Outfall Construction
- Mosaic Potash Fresh Water Intake – Watrous, SK: ø900mm 400m New HDPE Multiport Fresh Water Intake Construction